Alex Hutcheon + Co may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law and the fundamental data protection principles, which state that the personal information we hold about you must be:-
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
- Kept securely.
WHAT WE COLLECT
- Personal contact details such as name, title, address, telephone number, email address, job title and name of employer;
- Information relating to the matter in respect of which you are seeking our legal advice or in which you are involved;
- Information to enable us to carry legal and regulatory checks, such as anti money laundering checks;
- Business information necessary for our business relationship with you, including financial, banking and payment details;
- Information collected from publicly available sources such as Companies House, Registers of Scotland, the Land Registry, other professional directories as well as from credit agencies;
- Information provided by you for the purpose of attending meetings, including records of your attendance at our offices held for security purposes;
- When you subscribe on our website, information on your preferences; and
- Where you or your organisation is a supplier to Alex Hutcheon and Company, contact and other information relative to those services.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE STORE
- To provide you with the legal advice and services you require;
- To be able to act on your behalf in our company capacity;
- To manage the legal matter in which you may be involved;
- To manage our business relationship with you including keeping business records about services, payments and business contacts and ensuring our records are up to date;
- To comply with our professional, legal and regulatory obligations with the Law Society of Scotland;
- Send emails and other messages to keep you informed of developments and of our services, where you have opted to receive these from us;
- To monitor the use of our website and our other technology services for malware and other security threats and also to ensure that they are being used appropriately and are not being targeted for unauthorised access or usage; and
- To provide security to our offices and other premises and ensure our compliance with health and safety requirements.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, subject to satisfying legal, regulatory, accounting, and reporting requirements. In accordance with guidelines issued by the Law Society of Scotland, we retain client files for a minimum period of 10 years from the date of completion of your matter.
SUBSCRIBING TO OUR WEBSITE
You can subscribe on our website to receive information from us, including legal updates, event and seminar details or news. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing our property team on firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting to be removed from our Mailing List.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE AND RESTICTION
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us;
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so;
- We may use your personal information to send you information about services we provide you may be interested in. We will always seek your agreement to do so and will cease this if you request it in writing;
- We may share your information with third parties fro the purpose of completing your transaction for example but not limited to: Registers of Scotland;
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Act at any time. You can do this in writing to us and will aim to provide this information electronically free of charge within 3If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at the following 30 days of your request
Request Personal information to the following Postal Address:-
ALEX HUTCHEON & COMPANY
248 UNION STREET
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at either the above addresses. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This policy was lasted updated in June 2019.
Latest Properties to Buy
34 Goodhope Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen, Ab21 9nxView Property
Latest Prestige Properties
65 Ruthrieston Crescent, Aberdeen, Ab10 7jsView Property
We provide a comprehensive range of services for all your property requirements. Your transaction will be handled directly by one of our Partners or Senior Assistants.